Thursday, April 12, 2012




Six months since my last entry. Two years since I took those first tentative steps toward transition.

At my last entry I was looking for a job and a new career. I'm pleased to say I've accomplished both of those. Shortly after that post I received a call from UCSF. A mental health clinic run in partnership with The City was starting a vocational rehabilitation program using a Supported Employment model. Would I be interested in being a Life Coach? So began a long hiring process. It's not easy getting hired at the University of California. I had one interview in front of 15 staff members. After I received the offer it took another 6 weeks to do the paperwork. I finally started in July and I'm happy to have found a new direction in my career.

Originally published 09/16/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment