Thursday, April 12, 2012



Originally composed 29 April 2006


Girls, you are not going to believe what happened to me yesterday. It all started on Thursday when I took a different route home from work to do some shopping. I take the Muni train home and this landed me at the end of the downtown corridor instead of the beginning, where I usually board. That meant I’d be packed like a sardine for 30 minutes riding out to where I live. The trains outbound were delayed,. it was rush hour and I knew it would be really uncomfortable so I grabbed an inbound train to catch my train at the beginning of the line and get a seat.
When I got to the station my train was boarding and I ran across the platform but was seconds late and the driver wouldn’t open the door for me. In anger and frustration, i went to hit the side of the train with the outside of my hand. Mean time, the train started to pull away and instead of hitting the aluminum side, I hit the big plate of safety glass, which immediately turned into a big spider web.
I was stunned! I had no intention of doing that!
I faded into the crowd and decided it would be wise to get my tranny ass out of there, post haste. The next train that came, I slipped in quickly and took a seat across from the door. Then I noticed that the train was delayed. Seconds later two large men enter, one a Muni employee, the other a transit cop. I hear the Muni guy say ‘That’s him. He hit the glass on the last train’ as they approached. I jumped up, said “Sorry gotta run!” and dashed out the door up the stairs, through the turnstile up an escalator to the street where I jumped into a taxi and got away!

My transition at work hasn’t happened yet. It will be the week of May 1 or the following week at the latest. We need to have a meeting to discuss details (I’m a participant) and all the concerned parties are very supportive. So when I go to work, I’m still wearing boy clothes. In reality a blend of men’s and women’s apparel. On Friday it occurs to me that my accident is recorded on video and there are people at the station that might remember me. What to do???
I decide a disguise is in order so I stop by a thrift shop and find a nice coral colour top for $3. I step into the dressing room, put on the top, which fits, and go into my purse. I take out a scrunchie and pull back my hair into a high pony tail. I put on some dangly earrings, a plum lipstick and dark glasses. Voila! Instant Girl!
It took less than 5 minutes. I stepped out of the dressing room and asked the woman behind me waiting to use what she thought. She didn’t know I was the same person!
Needless to say, I had no problem at the train station

No comments:

Post a Comment