Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future



So, here I am 2 months later! Christmas was especially hard on me this past year. I found myself wishing I could drink a magic potion the day after Thanksgiving and no wake up until Jan 2. I did finally get into the spirit of it the week just prior to the day. I found a shopping plan for the people closest to me. Three gifts each each. Something for the head, something for the body and something for the heart. For my daughter I bought a subscription to Mother Jones magazine, a facial care kit from the Body Shop and a silver omega necklace.

New Years eve we got comp tickets to the symphony party that featured Strauss waltzes and Vegas style crooner. Loved the waltz, hated the crooner. My date and I felt like we should be sitting at the kids' table! Most of the revelers were much older than us! It was a good time though. Gave me something to talk about around the water cooler at work!

2007 is proving to be full of big changes. My job is coming to an end on 8 Feb 07. I've begun revising my resume and thinking about what my next brilliant move will be. I'm hoping to land a job as a peer counselor somewhere in the Dept. of Public Health or a non-profit organization. I spent most of my career making money for people that already have lots of money. Somehow I'd like to make a bigger contribution to humanity than that.

My personal life is looking like there will be big changes too. I expect to be living elsewhere soon, either in the Bay Area or maybe Montreal??? I'll soon find out.

Originally published 01/31/2007

No comments:

Post a Comment