Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Meeting


Originally composed 6 May 2006Well, I did it. I am out at work and in full transition! The meeting yesterday went great. The program director, office manager and my supervisors were there. They told me I had their complete support. While TG people had worked at the centre in the past, I will be the first to transition there. We had some small talk and I said something I had noticed when out en femme was men talked down to me. The women burst into laughter, and Melissa the director said 'Welcome to the real world, sister' !
I'm making the announcement at the Monday staff meeting. Henceforth, I am Joanna W. I need to check with my bank about a name change on my account and pay checks will be made out to Joanna. My debit/credit card can also be reissued under my new name.
Today I'm going out for girl stuff. A haircut/colour and manicure. I already know what I'm going to wear so I'll be spending the rest of the weekend trying to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment