Thursday, April 12, 2012

Extra, Extra, Joanna Goes Legit!


I've been overcome by an overwhelming sense of honesty! On Tuesday I told my therapist that I'd been using hormones on the sly. I told her I'd been doing it for years on and off. "So, why are you telling me now?", was her response. Interesting thing going on. My shrink doesn't believe that transgenderism is a disorder even though GID is listed as such in the DSM-IV. Like homosexuality, she believes it should be delisted. There is currently a movement to do so in the shrink community.

I want to get everything out in the open, especially to my MDs. So I'm seeing a gynecologist in 2 weeks. I've found one that specializes in the needs of lesbian and transgender women (only in San Francisco!). When I have my prescription in hand, I'll let my other doctors know.

Now, I wonder f I'll get to put my feet in the stirrups?

Hugs,

Joanna

Originally Published 05/25/2006

No comments:

Post a Comment